Tuna is completely platform independent. It's as portable as PHP.
But because it is webbased and databased, it depends on the following.
On the tuna server:
- Operating system: tested on Debian and Windows XP.
- Web server: tested with Apache 1.3.26 and 2.0.43.
- PHP: tested with versions 4.1.2 and 4.2.3.
- MySQL server: tested with version 3.23.53.
- MP3 player: tested with XMMS and WinAmp. Must support m3u playlists.
On the clients:
- Web browser: must support frames.
Tuna is designed for use at home, in flat shares and at LAN
parties. To run it, you won't need any of these:
- Internet access.
- Mail server.
- Tuna sandwich.